Donor Conceived Adults
If you are a donor conceived adult – someone over the age of 18 who was conceived by donated sperm, eggs or embryos – there may be a number of reasons why you have come to this site. The Donor Conception Network was founded by parents of donor conceived children, but we have always been child centred and now that so many of our children have grown to adulthood, their interests remain at the heart of what we do. Whether or not your parents are members, you are very welcome to browse these pages and join as a member in your own right. We will try to address some of the reasons why you may have come to this site in the questions and answers below. If you cannot find what you are looking for here please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The following topics are addressed in our Questions section for donor conceived adults.
- I have just discovered (or known only for a short while) that I am donor conceived and am looking for information/support/connections to others. How do I go about this?
- I was conceived before August 1991
- I was conceived after August 1991
- I have just turned 18. Do I have any right to information about my donor and/or half-siblings?
- I am not yet 18 but would like to be in contact with other donor conceived young people. How do I go about this?
- I think I may be donor conceived but my parents won’t admit to this/I don’t want to ask them/are now dead. Can I find out this information by myself?
- I know that I am donor conceived. Is there anything DC Network can offer me?
- I am the parent of a donor conceived adult and am wondering if/how/when to tell my daughter or son about their origins. What help is there for me?
- Donor Conceived Young Persons Group – for donor conceived people between the ages of 13 and 30.