Current vacancies at the Donor Conception Network
Data Protection Consultant
We are looking for a proactive consultant to support us in ensuring that we are compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulations coming into force in May 2018 and to help us put in place best practice measures in our data management. The consultant will work closely with the DC Network director throughout this project.
- Manage the overall data protection project for DC Network, ensuring key milestones are tracked and the project is delivered to time and budget.
- Complete a data audit to understand all of the data held by the DC Network and how this is used. This work has been started.
- Document the data held by the DC network: what is it, why is it held, what we do with it and who has access to it.
- Map our data processes and provide recommendations for improvements, where appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate data protection and other similar policies are put in place, as required.
- Ensure that we have appropriate consent and methods for recording this consent
- Recommend updates to communications materials, where appropriate.
- Review data held by third parties and ensure that data is managed appropriately (e.g. website hosting, local group coordination)
Essential: You will highly organised, with excellent written communication skills. You will have an understanding of GDPR. You will have experience of delivering operational projects within a small organisation, ideally a charity. You will be highly proficient in Excel and Word, results-driven, proactive and pragmatic.
Ideal: You will have demonstrable experience in the field of data protection with a strong understanding of the implications of GDPR and a proven track record of delivering best practice in data management.
About the Role
This is a part-time freelance commitment of approximately 18 hours a week for 12 weeks. The contract may be extended if more time is required. The work can be delivered either wholly in our offices, near Kings Cross or a mix of in-office work and home-based or remote working. Hours to be worked would be negotiated as part of the assignment set-up and could suit someone looking to work around other commitments.
Rate offered: £18 to £22 per hour, dependent on experience.
Our office is situated in a great location very close to Kings Cross and we are small, dynamic and friendly team who care passionately about the DC Network.
Please apply with a short CV and covering letter demonstrating your relevant experience, particularly your organisation, project delivery and excellent IT and written communication skills, to email@example.com by Monday 26th February. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible and would welcome early applications. We may close before 26th February if we get sufficient interest.
Interviews will take place between 1st March and 15th March. We hope that the successful applicant will be available to start work shortly thereafter.
We are not currently looking for trustees.
If you are interested in volunteering at our office in London please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.