Current vacancies at the Donor Conception Network
An opportunity to join the DCN Trustee board
We are looking for new Trustees to strengthen our skill base and replace departing Trustees.
What we do
* We provide support and resources to over 2,000 member families, mainly in the UK but also overseas. As well as working directly with families and donor conceived people we work on their behalf: advising clinics, policy makers and other professional bodies.
* We run a busy support helpline, helping to address the social and emotional issues people face, as well as offering practical information and advice.
* We publish and distribute a unique range of resources, from children’s storybooks, advice guides for parents and family members, to DVD films featuring donor conceived young people.
* We run conferences and workshops to help people prepare for parenthood, and to explore ways of telling children about their conception.
Managed by Director Nina Barnsley and four part-time staff from an office in Kings Cross, London, UK, the charity has an annual turnover of around £220,000. It is unique in the world: there is no other professionally managed organisation supporting donor conception families.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people, with a commitment to the aims of the Network, to join us as Trustees. Applicants should support fertility treatment and donor conception in general, and appreciate the value of openness in families. You might have personal or professional experience and knowledge of infertility issues, including donor conception or surrogacy. We are interested to hear from applicants who have worked on committees, boards or as trustees, and particularly with experience of any of the following
* Small business development and e-commerce
* Human resources
* Communications and social media
Trustees normally meet twice a year in a central London location and have other regular online meetings through the year. They communicate mainly via email between meetings. Due to the nature of its work and funding there is an expectation that Trustees will contribute actively to the work of the charity.
Trustees will receive reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
How to apply
Please first read our information pack containing a role description and personal criteria. To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should describe your interest in our work and the contribution you can make, and provide examples to demonstrate how your experience meets the personal criteria in the information pack.
Applications close on 19th April 2019. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in May. Final decisions will be made by the end of June and the appointments will formally begin in September 2019. For further information or an informal chat about the role please contact Claire Beasley, the current chair, on email@example.com. More information about general Trustee duties can be found at http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc3.aspx#f3
If you are interested in volunteering at our office in London please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.