Current vacancies at the Donor Conception Network
An opportunity to join the DCN Team
Office Administrator - Part time
This is a new role in our small charity filling in some gaps in the current staff team. You will mainly be supporting the Director by providing essential organisational skills in office administration.
- Managing the financial spreadsheet for the charity accounts (currently in Excel but possibly moving to Sage Accounts)- taking on the administration relating to payments in, payments out, the PayPal account, the bank BACS membership payments, processing cheques and producing a simple monthly report
- Providing administrative support to the Director in various areas including plans to expand the DCN supporter schemes and marketing of our services and resources
- General office management to keep our services running smoothly
We are looking for a superbly well-organised person. There are different components to the job and we are looking for someone responsible, reliable and self-motivated.
Skills and experience required
- Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy and very confident in Excel
- Experienced in Office software (Word and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
Personal characteristics required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- A motivated self-starter
- Comfortable working with a small team in a small office
This role would suit someone who thrives on a challenge and enjoys variety in their work.
Desirable but not essential
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Communications, social media or PR experience
- Book keeping or accounting experience (eg experience of Sage)
- Having an understanding of infertility and/or families created with help of some kind (eg adoption/IVF/donor conception)
- Able to demonstrate a sensitive approach
What we can offer
We are a small, dedicated team and can offer a flexible and friendly office environment. The work we do is hugely valuable and rewarding. This is an exciting time for DC Network as we build on the success of our 25th Anniversary last year. Join us!
JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director
LOCATION: London, near Kings Cross, N1
LENGTH OF CONTRACT & HOURS: Part-time (3 days per week), days and hours have some flexibility, 1 year contract initially
SALARY: £25,000 pro rata (£15,000 actual)
HOLIDAY: 25 days plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Send CV and covering letter to email@example.com . Please use the subject line Office Administrator Application
If you would like to discuss the role before applying please email or phone our Director, Nina Barnsley firstname.lastname@example.org - 020 7278 2608
DEADLINE: 12th July 2019
INTERVIEWS: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and interviews are provisionally scheduled for 17th July 2019 (venue near Kings Cross, London) with a start as soon as possible.
No agency calls please
If you are interested in volunteering at our office in London please send an email to email@example.com.